Chris Smith shows what we all wanted to do after 8 hours in the studio.
Lead guitarist Justin Graves (left) and rhythm guitarist Darby Antle (right) practice an echo riff for their song "Ashes to Ashes". Graves said the green tea is product placement. 
Lead singer Chris Smith lays down the main vocals for their song "The Dark Side" while the drummer and rhythm guitarist provide back-up screaming.

Doomascus recording "Whiskey Drunk", their 4th time through because the metronome in the headphones wasn't loud enough.
A picture of band motivation.All pictures taken by Shane Holtzman or Nathan Zangmeister.
I like how you set this up as a series of photos and captions to capture their recording sessions. I followed South East Engine around all day once for a story, and I remember it being tiring too, but a lot of fun.
ReplyDeleteWere you able to get any audio clips of them practicing too? That would be interesting to hear.
I agree with Jaclyn, I really like the way you set up the photos with the captions. I would also be interested in hearing some audio or perhaps a video? Maybe you could do a 'day in the life' photo shoot with the band and follow them around for a day getting snapshots, I bet you'd get some pretty cool stuff there...
ReplyDelete